Tuesday, November 27, 2007

We're not zoned for this

For those of you who either live in the neighborhood of 2300 East in Springville, or have driven through or have in other ways seen the chickens/roosters (what's the difference anyway?!?!? JK!) roaming around the streets- today is your lucky day! As I was coming home to meet Abby off the school bus- I turned the corner onto our street to see not one but TWO Springville Police Animal Control trucks getting their nets and cages out to catch those pesky birds that love to stroll the neighborhood (it reminded me of the Animaniacs cartoon of "The Birds"... really funny!) I of course had no other choice, my hands were tied and I had to whip out the handy cell phone to see what I could get.
Here's the play by play:
Man and Woman Animal Control employees in the yard of the neighbor (who doesn't own the pesky birds).
Their nets perched over their shoulders planning their attack. It looked like they were on the prowl.
The man quickly grabs his net with both hands and the rooster took off running right in front of my car and I'm almost positive a few swear words came out of his mouth because he was just defeated.
The woman then motioned for me to stay where I was as she chased the bird across the street, only to have her almost trip over the curb and also be defeated... by the bird.
I'm sure I've found more humor in this than most of you, but it's a good day and this my friends just made it a little better.



Sorry the pics are more blurry than normal. Remember two things- it was my camera phone, but also take note that I was laughing REALLY hard! It was a sight to be seen by all... I'm just sorry you missed it. Although, Aunt Ruth Ann did call to tell me about the trucks parked outside and I was SO excited to share my excitement with her about what they were doing there!
Oh, I need a life...
P.S. I really have nothing against birds of this sort, I mean- I eat them for pete's sake. But for some reason it seemed odd to have them as household pets and to let them wander the streets. Where's the coup?

3 comments:

Wendy said...

LOL!!!! I'm SO glad someone finally did something about those birds wondering around our neighborhood. I know we live in Springville...but it's not farmland anymore!

Jaime Runyan said...

Where do you get your uber cute backgrounds for your page?

Jodi Leishman said...

I love the picture of the man and his net. What a funny sight.