Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sit boo-boo sit, good dog.

I'm not a lover of animals, that's not a secret. They smell funny, they make messes I'd rather not deal with, and they are a lot of maintenance, that again- I'd rather not deal with.
Latley, my girls have been wanting a pet SO bad and I am constantly giving them reasons as to why I don't think it's a good idea. I know I'm a horrible mom because pets are a part of ones childhood... we had one (or two +) cats when I was young, but now I'm allergic. So, there's a 99.9% chance my children won't ever be pet owners.

Again on the topic of my girls amazing imaginations, they've gotten over it (or at least I hope so) and Abby has decided that "since I don't have a pet of my own, I'll just pretend Noodles (her Webkins) is real and I'll treat her like a real dog." And she serisouly has... it's awesome! This morning, Abby leaves for school before Brenna, so she gave Brenna instructions on what to do with Noodles. Brenna told me she needed to "make sure Noodles finished her breakfixt (Brenna lingo), then go for a little walk, take a nap, and then after Abby's home from school, she'll take care of her again."
It's the greatest thing EVER and I hope it lasts until, maybe forever!

Meet Noodles, the family pet.
Now all we need to do is remember to feed him online.
I hope they don't let fake pets die in the Webkins world-
that would cause major drama!

2 comments:

the bates motel said...

your girls are too cute! i just love their little ideas and imaginations! i totally remember the commercial sit boo boo too :)!

Jodi Leishman said...

Luckily the pets can't die online, they only get sick and turn green. Talmage has been getting on everyday to "feed" his pet, however the other day Tanner looked at it and said, "Talmage, you have to feed him, he's getting sick" to which Talmage said that he didn't have any money for food for his dog. As we investigated Talmage has been playing games, earning money for food, but instead he buys an abundance of furniture. He has 4 tables, 3 dressers, etc... Hopefully this isn't an indication on how he will manage his own family finances some day.