No, Brenna's not really trying to change her name (I'll tell that story in a minute)

She was outside playing with chalk and wrote what translates to:
I AM ALONE
Brenna and a friend made plans to play after school, but her friend called to say that she had to go to Target, but maybe they could play later. She wasn't so fond of the idea of waiting for a phone call back, so in attempts to pass the time we played with chalk for a bit, but I had to go back inside to work and that is when she got bummed waiting for Abby to come home.
Brenna told Abby to look at what she wrote and told her what it said, and Abby then said, "but Brenna, you're not alone anymore because I'm home and now we can play". Brenna then said "yeah, but it took you forever Abby".
She then gave Abby a big hug and broke down in tears!
It was so sweet!
Okay, story of the name change...
Yesterday while sitting in church, Brenna looked up at me and said:
B: Mom, I don't want my name to be Brenna anymore.
M: What do you want your name to be?
B: Anna. Please call me Anna from now on.
M: Fold your arms please.
B: I'm not even joking mom.
So, after church, I asked her about it again and we had another lovely Brenna drama moment. She is seriously so passionate about what she wants and told me that she thinks "B" names aren't as good as A's or K's or S's. She had lots of reasons as to why she should change her name, and I'm hoping she's over it today. I haven't brought it up, so maybe that's a good thing.
Little does she know or realize that her name just barely got changed legally to Brenna!

She was outside playing with chalk and wrote what translates to:
I AM ALONE
Brenna and a friend made plans to play after school, but her friend called to say that she had to go to Target, but maybe they could play later. She wasn't so fond of the idea of waiting for a phone call back, so in attempts to pass the time we played with chalk for a bit, but I had to go back inside to work and that is when she got bummed waiting for Abby to come home.
Brenna told Abby to look at what she wrote and told her what it said, and Abby then said, "but Brenna, you're not alone anymore because I'm home and now we can play". Brenna then said "yeah, but it took you forever Abby".
She then gave Abby a big hug and broke down in tears!
It was so sweet!
Okay, story of the name change...
Yesterday while sitting in church, Brenna looked up at me and said:
B: Mom, I don't want my name to be Brenna anymore.
M: What do you want your name to be?
B: Anna. Please call me Anna from now on.
M: Fold your arms please.
B: I'm not even joking mom.
So, after church, I asked her about it again and we had another lovely Brenna drama moment. She is seriously so passionate about what she wants and told me that she thinks "B" names aren't as good as A's or K's or S's. She had lots of reasons as to why she should change her name, and I'm hoping she's over it today. I haven't brought it up, so maybe that's a good thing.
Little does she know or realize that her name just barely got changed legally to Brenna!





2 comments:
Hey, funny-Momma! It more of the Anna McKay thing and her alternate identity!! Love those little girls.
Brenna... I mean Anna, you crack me up!
Post a Comment