Monday, September 29, 2008

we love Star Valley just a little bit...

and here's A LOT of reasons why:
(prepare to be inundated with pictures!)

the top of the Salt Pass and the BEAUTIFUL colors of fall!

the cabins... our wannabe home away from home!

see- we love it here!


shopping in downtown Afton...

with the bears...

and the funny looking squatting cowboys :)

and the booming metropolis' that make up Star Valley!


we LOVE going to the cemetery to visit Papa...
walking to see the cows on Papas behalf
(I don't think I'll ever get sick of seeing these 3 cousins holding hands like this... LOVE IT!)
and new friends who come to the valley with us!

and going up a very dirty/bumpy road to
Cottonwood Lake...
it was breathtaking!


and just relaxing with some of our favorite people,
in our favorite place!
Thanks again Dad for letting us be a part of your Gods Country!

11 comments:

Amy said...

Fun pictures! Looks like it was a gorgeous weekend up there! Love the fall pictures too... good job! Glad everyone had such a great time!!

Janna said...

Great weather and FUN times! We never got a picture of all our toes?!

Tammy said...

I went on a vacation to Afton in junior high with one of my friends. I was actually in a horse show there. I didn't know what I was doing but it was fun. It is pretty there, I love the fall colors!

Sandie's Spot said...

Love the fall colors! Perfect weather! Fun weekend! Just sad that it went by too quick... we'll be back to see the new cheese factory!! so excited!

Joanie said...

Oh, oh, oh! Are these just the greatest bunch of pictures!?! I love this post. I am so glad you have this fun place to go. What a wonderful thing.

Wendy said...

The fall colors up there are SO pretty! What a fun little get away!!

dana said...

Wow, it's really gorgeous there. I want to love it too! I'm SOOOO over the California lingering heat.

M said...

love the colors, fall is my favorite time and it looks so beautiful... I can definately tell why your dad and you guys love it so much!

Ruth Ann said...

Those are some amazing pictures ~ looks like you had a good time.

patshala said...

Your girls are so cute! Thanks for commenting on my blog so that I could find your blog. Blogging is so fun. It is our online journal pretty much!

Jessica Hughes said...

Hey thanks for finding me I didn't know you were looking and how did you do it? How
'd I do? SO your still single and working. Let me know what everyone is doing?