A few years ago, I heard of this darling idea to attach notes to balloons and release them in remembrance of loved ones who have passed.
Because of how difficult the five-year milestone was for us, I think we started a new tradition at a perfect time! Janna and I got the balloons (with hi-float mind you) and after dinner, we all took a piece of paper and wrote a little something to Dad. We each took a balloon and attached our notes, then let them go and stared into the night sky as our notes to heaven went straight up... wishing it were truly possible that they really did get to Dad...
Even a few days later, Abby & Brenna commented that they hope Papa liked their letters.
Because of how difficult the five-year milestone was for us, I think we started a new tradition at a perfect time! Janna and I got the balloons (with hi-float mind you) and after dinner, we all took a piece of paper and wrote a little something to Dad. We each took a balloon and attached our notes, then let them go and stared into the night sky as our notes to heaven went straight up... wishing it were truly possible that they really did get to Dad...
Even a few days later, Abby & Brenna commented that they hope Papa liked their letters.





2 comments:
Such a fun idea! You know he read each note... and loved them all. ;)
Wow! I missed this post too! And here I am crying again. So sweet!
Post a Comment