Sunday, April 26, 2009

tulip festival!

For those of you who read my sister Janna's blog as well, I apologize in advance. The pictures shown here are all taken with her camera and I just stole them, so our blogs just might be an exact copy cat of one anothers. But with the 130+ pics we took, we shouldn't have too many duplicates... we shall see ;)

ANYWAY...
On Saturday, my sister Sandie and her husband took my girls to the zoo. Sandie's done this a few times since we've moved here and Abby & Brenna LOVE it! Especially since their mom isn't the biggest fan of stinky animals (hence the reason we're a pet free family!)
My mom and I decided to go to the Tulip Festival @ our favorite place... Thanksgiving Point. We invited Janna, Jason & Claire to come along, and then Uncle Dennis & Aunt Ruth Ann joined us for a bit as well!
Despite the cold wind, we had a FUN morning enjoying the amazing gardens!

Oh, this place is breathtaking!


Look at these tropical beauties:
and they came in orange too:


I love me some yellow tulips!
Yellow roses are my fav, but these work too!



I have to laugh at little Claire not knowing what to do when Aunt De-De's in self portrait mode!
We're going back this Saturday, May 2nd (the last day)... come join us!
Anyone who comes with us gets in for 1/2 price- thanks to Grandma Diane who bought annual passes!

7 comments:

Joanie said...

I'm so glad you posted these beautiful photos. Thank you for sharing them.
Hugs,
Joanie

Lillie said...

What fantastic pictures! It looks like a photographer's dream. I love the self-portrait - You look great!

Gage Family said...

Amazing pictures!Heavenly Father sure loves us to give us such beautiful creations!

Missi Waldron said...

I love Thanksgiving Point! Brings back tons of memories (I used to work at the farm... yep, I even drove the tractor). There is nothing like the beautiful gardens there and what beautiful pictures (the one of you included in that statement). I wish I lived closer so that I could join you on Saturday... have another great day!

Amy said...

So pretty! And that first picture is fabulous! What a fun day - jealous. ;)

Jessica Hughes said...

O so beautiful breathtaking. I love those pictures. Thanks for a little Utah beauty.

Donna Schauers said...

Gorgous! Such great photos -- I love tulips.