Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fourth of July fun!

I've always LOVED the fourth of July, so this year just added to my fabulous memories of Fun Fourth of Julys!

We started off the morning with our dear friends, the Atkinsons and Taylors at the Provo City Freedom Festival Parade. It was SO fun, and we don't get together with them enough. Our kids were all decked out in their festive gear, and despite the random bout of rain we had, it was a fun start to our day!

Mom & Joanna Atkinson... friends since before my parents got married in 1970!
Kims cute kids and mine too!
Kim brought better treats than I did... and obviously A & B loved them!
Keeping dry form the few sprinkles that came overhead!

Later that afternoon, we headed to Mike & Jodi's for their last BBQ that we've loved attending for the last 4 years! We won't know what to do with ourselves next year since they're in Vegas now, but we're so glad we were able to be with them and the family and friends that were there!

My girls and Claire won the costume contest!
Having fun playing on Talmages trike and trailer... Claire really is having fun, she just doesn't like to show it. Mike must've been looking at her or something!
Janna always does the cutest food creations, and made these dessert burgers and dogs... the best part was the nasty circus peanuts that I love to hate!
Brenna stole the camera and took about 22 self portraits, so here she is in all of her patriotic cuteness
And Abby enjoying her dinner...
Thanks everyone for such a fun day!
We loved the fireworks and surplus of glow bracelets!

5 comments:

Joanie said...

What a fun recap of 4th of July. I've always love that happy day!

Wendy said...

It was a fun day for sure! I have no idea what we will do next year without The Leishman's BBQ. :(

Your girls looked adorable and SO festive!

Dan & Colbs said...

Looks like fun Debrat...but I think your like 3.5 months behind ;)

Megan said...

So cute! I love the girl's festive Fourth outfits. Your girls are so darling!

My mom will be up here the first week in November. I'm not sure what you and your Mom's work schedule is, but it might be fun to meet for lunch or dinner or something. Also Libby's baptism is on November 7 at 11, I know Saturday's are busy, but thought I would let you know in case you might want to come.

Hope you have a fantastic week!

Kim said...

Woot Woot! We made the blog!!!! We must do it again next year - PLEASE!!!!!