This is probably going to fall into the "Too Much Information" category for some of you, so if you don't like hearing "girly" things, you can stop reading now.
So, here's a little story. I went to the doctor over a week ago only to have my doctor make me freak out and inquire a lot about my family history of breast cancer. Whenever I get asked this question- the doctors eyes usually grow bigger and bigger because of the history in my family. So, he did his exam and made a suggestion that I go get a mammogram because there's an area he wasn't too sure of. WHAT?! I just turned 30 and I felt as though I was breaking- literally. I had been to the chiropractor for the first time earlier that week and now this. So, being the dumb dramatic Debra that I am- I freaked. My mom was able to get me an appointment with a nurse at her work the next week and she luckily made me feel lots better and said there wasn't much of anything to be concerned about. That was a HUGE stress relief, but we still scheduled a mammo which took place this morning. It was everything I thought it was going to be and then some. For those of you who have ever been through the birthing process... do you remember hearing horror stories from all your friends who had previously delivered babies of their own and they would more or less make you NEVER want to deliver that baby?! (I was convinced that I was better off being pregnant for the rest of my life- I don't know about you...) I heard so many horror stories about how epidurals paralyze you, or how much it hurts and on and on... For me those things didn't happen with either of my deliveries- I now own stock in epidurals- LOVE THEM! So I had a hard time believing the stories of how horrible mammograms were because of my past experience from "others stories". I learned something today and that is that I will NEVER doubt anyone and their stories ever again! YIKES- it hurt BAD!!!
All went well even though the nurse did the mammo and then said that the doctor may or may not want to do an ultrasound, depending on what was found. I felt good that I'd be sent home and he wouldn't want to do that, but I was wrong. He did and I again panicked and got really nervous. All in all, he was just wanting to be sure that nothing was missed with the mammo and he gave me the clear that I have nothing to worry about! YAY!
So, now that I can laugh about it I though this was hilarious!





9 comments:
wow that sounds super stressful, but soooo glad everything is ok! love the comic clip too :)!
I'm so glad everything is ok. I can imagine how stressful that must have been! Thanks for the heads up on the pain we all get to endure later in life. ;) (I think we do start falling apart at 30... it's a curse)
Yea you survived! That pic was hilarious!!
oh my gosh....that comic is so funny to me!! I'm so afraid to ever get a one done!!
It's Alisa (zockoll). I saw your blog address on your My Space. I'm glad everything is okay and that picture is to funny. I needed a laugh like that today. Our blog is www.lundfam.blogspot.com
Um, that cartoon is hilarious! I am SO glad that you are ok and that you are so on top of your health. Thanks for the mammogram warning as well...I'll make sure to take some extra strength Tylenol before I go :).
Well...at least you know now! Also, at least you had a doctor recommend the mamo so that your insurance would cover it. I remember you telling me before how they wouldn't cover it because it was un-necessary. Glad you have a clean bill of health from the doctor!!!!
great post Deb, I have had mammo's recommended by 3 doctors, because of my family history as well, and I just keep putting it off and well, your post doen't put me any closer to getting it done! I have been falling apart for years, both Bailey and I have been going to the chiropractor for a couple weeks too... poor kid since she broke her back last summer she has not been the same, why does she have to be clumsy like me ? Anywho, glad every thing came out okay, and the comic? man I dont want my boobie flattned, LOL
ha..ha..ha....about the comic...not the frightening experience. Glad everything was ok! Too funny picture!
Post a Comment