Friday, May 16, 2008

an add on to the birthday fun...

For my birthday, Sandie went all out and decorated the house for me and the front window. I've been feeling sick all week long and found out earlier this week that I have strep throat and it's also manifesting itself in my right ear. Talk about painful! I decided I'd rather be in labor than be in this much pain for this long. Anyway- I had gone to bed semi-early on wednesday night and woke up at 4am forgetting that I wanted to get Sandie back with the birthday "decor". So, as I was wide awake trying to choke down more pills, I started coloring on some construction paper and decorated the front window. Then I remembered about wanting to write on her car windows... except I forgot to go buy the window writing stuff from the party store.

Lesson learned the hard way: ALWAYS buy the official window writing stuff!
I found white leather scuff remover in my room for my girls white church shoes... it doesn't come off as easily as I would have liked!

Anyway- last night we met a few family members at Jasons Deli for dinner- which is a favorite place of ours. (Conclusion- change isn't always a good thing. I'm a sucker for their chicken club wrapini, but I opted for something different this time and yeah, I wasn't as pleased as I am with my wrapini. Plus eating is painful still. It takes too much effort w/ braces and strep.)
Dinner was fun though and it was fun to sit & visit with those that were there!
My girls had a bad case of the wiggles. Luckily we were there early and it wasn't too busy. I just think the pics of Abby are funny... Brenna's being her normal self, but Abby's got the crazies!


5 comments:

Wendy said...

Cute car! You did good, Deb!

Sandie's Spot said...

Yes it was sooo much fun.

Note: Don't use Shoe Polish on windows... it takes a little extra elbow grease to wash it off

Jodi Leishman said...

The car is adorable. I hope you're feeling better. Braces, strep and a sore ear, what more can you ask for?

Alisa said...

oh my gosh, i just remembered while reading your blog....last night i had a dream that you just couldn't take the pain from your braces any longer, so you got them taken off, once and for all!

Amy said...

So fun!! Looks like everyone had a great time celebrating!