I'm having an official "I'm a bad parent moment" with my little Abby Jane. For about 2 days, she's been moaping around the house and not feeling 100%. Brenna came home from preschool early on Tuesday and when Abby found that out- she was immediatley not feeling well. I took that as her wanting to be sick so she didn't have to go to school either. That night though, she did have a fever and woke up saying her ears hurt, so I believed her and she got to stay home from school on Wednesday. This morning, she was wimpering a little and I thought she was trying to get out of going to school again, but I wasn't going to let that happen. Me and my super-sympathetic mom skills gave her a good ol' pep talk and I told her that sometimes even when we don't feel well, we need to just buck up and go on with our day. (I was convinced she was fine... her fever was gone and she slept super well, etc.) When she came home from school- I asked her how she felt and she told me "Mom, it worked- I didn't even think about it and I was fine all day" Yay- I was right! (LOVE THAT!)
So... the day goes on and both A & B are really good at feeling sick when I need their help, but I bribed them and the night went pretty smoothly. I didn't have any thoughts of sick children anymore, until about an hour ago. My mom said she could hear Abby crying downstairs and I went down to check on her and she was sobbing in her bed, started coughing and threw up all over the floor!
Now that I think about it, she hasn't been herself for a couple days now and I just thought she was trying to get out of going to school, but noooooooo- she really is sick. I'm so bummed because I was so proud of the fact that we have avoided the "pukes" all winter long, and now this. I guess technically we did avoid it all winter since it's spring time now, but still! It's maddening and I hate it when my kids are sick. All she kept saying was that she was sorry. My poor little Abbers... hopefully it will be gone soon!
This is exactly what it was like when my kids were teething... I could never understand why they were fussy and sleepless until the next day when a new tooth would break through. Then I felt horrible for not being more patient with them.





3 comments:
Oh, I hope that she feels better soon. Thank you for stopping by my blog. And just so you know I wouldn't let everyone talk to me like that. Ah, who am I kidding I am obsessed and I think that the next time I walk out the door a Vampire is going to jump out of the trees. But after reading Twilight I think "Hey, I'm not even scared, I love you Mr. Vampire!" How lame huh! It's always a joy to have you join us on Craft night. Thanks for coming. I'll do your projects for you anytime! Your awesome!
It's so hard to tell when they are really sick and when they are trying to get out of things.
Tell Abby we hope she feels better soon... no fun!
I think every parent has been there! Thank goodness kids are resilient. They survive... we did. ;)
Post a Comment