I haven't vented about the cookbook on here (but some of you have heard an earful already... sorry!), but today has been exceptionally stressful in the land of ward cookbook woes. We are SO close to being done and this thing has to be in the mail and postmarked by Mon. June 30th. It's gonna happen, but I just found out today that something we have put countless hours into isn't going to "work" the way we were told or the way we thought it would work. AAAHHHHHH!
So, here's a conversation I had today with "Deb" from the cookbook publishing company.
Deb: Is this for a school group, church group or something else?
Me: This is for a church group, we're Mormons.
Deb: Oh that's great.
Me: Yeah, do you want to know what we've learned from this process? Mormons don't drink or smoke or do bad things, but what we do and we do well is EAT! There's a reason we're fat!
Deb: (loud laughter) I do have some fat mormon friends, that's a good point!
Me: (trying to not be offended) Ha Ha Ha! Back to my questions...
We continued talking about my cookbook and this was when she gave me the bad news of a MAJOR change we have to make (before June 30th, mind you!)
Me: Are you kidding me? We really have to do that? Sheesh lady, you're going to drive me to drink, and I'm a mormon- we don't do those things dang it!"
Deb: That's funny! Too bad for you!
I don't think she meant it though. I think that she thinks it's hilarious, but me on the other hand... I'm gonna have bald spots after this thing is said and done.





5 comments:
Is there anything that I can help you with. I really don't want you to show up bald at church on Sunday. Let me know what I can do.
breanne- you can bring your laptop and come on over and join the party! or you can bring the 11:00 snack.... you choose!
I can't wait to see the bald spots!
They are doing great things with hair transplants now a days . . . .
What a nightmare!! I'm really feeling like my cookbook is such a bargain - no effort on my part.
Hopefully you'll be able to make the recipes from the book and not feel ill looking at it.
Post a Comment