Friday, June 13, 2008

It DOESN'T get any better than this!

About 2 years ago, I saw this video for the first time:



and I immediatley became obsessed with this and doing it at every possible function where I had an audience. July 4th 2006 was the first time we actually did it. We were at my cousin Jodi's house for their 4th of July BBQ and as I was talking to her husband Mike about it- we decided to do it. So I immediatley got in my car and went to the store to purchase as much Diet Coke and Mentos as I could. Then the real fun began. We thought we were so smart and got paper clips and opened them up and then began hurting our hands immensly by pushing as many mentos as possible on each paperclip, dropping them in and running! It was SO fun, but we kept thinking about how we could improve it each time. But guess what? The search is over!
So, Bro. Michael Leishman, look what I found tonight!
I can't tell you how excited I am about this... I will now be able to sleep again.



Last year I even convinced my neighbor to put some mentos in his mouth and then drink Diet Coke, and he DID IT! I wanted to see if his stomach would blow up. He's alive and well though, so obviously my idea was a bust.

3 comments:

Missi Waldron said...

I love this! We will definitely have to try this soon since our illegal stash of fireworks from Nevada is almost depleted... nothing illegal about diet Coke and Mentos :)! My husband and son will thank you for this fun video and idea.

Kam Belly Soup said...

thats like a music video. so funny. we did this last summer and it wasnt quite as cool as that video

Unknown said...

Debra, thanks for looking but I should have told you, I already have a Geyser Tube, It was purchased in San Francisco by a family member for me this winter!!

However, Please bring yours on the 4th and we will have TWICE the fun!!