Friday, August 17, 2007

A day in the park...

Sandie came down late friday night since they were imploding the Key Bank building (see http://hanksfamily.blogspot.com/ for cool pics!) downtown SLC early Saturday morning and residents of downtown were pretty much told to 'Get out of Dodge' (I just realized I don't know what that even means, but I say it sometimes... maybe I should learn!). Anyway, come saturday afteroon she suggested that we go do something to get out of the house- so myself, my girls, Grandma, Sandie, Janna and Claire decided to order a late lunch from Zubs (YUM!) and cut up some fresh watermelon and cantelope and headed to a quaint little park here in Springville. As we pulled up to the park, we noticed lots and lots of dark clouds, so we weren't expecting to stay long--- but Abby and Brenna took off to play right away as the rest of us got our things set up at the picnic table. Here's just some fun pics we took. It did rain on us, but luckly the picnic table we were at had a solid cover over it, so we stayed mostly dry. And then the rain left and there was no trace of a raincloud in the sky (love Utah storms!)


A & B on the playground!


The mom and girls... Brenna was in a 'mood' if you couldn't tell.


On the slide!


Abby is infamous for saying "That little baby Claire is just so darn cute"... and we all agree!


Aunt Sandie and the babe... she was getting sleepy.


They were supposedly cold, but I think what really happened is that they saw a blanket not being used and decided to think they were "cold". This happens all the time, i.e. they're never thirsty until they see a drinking fountain, or my personal favorite is they don't have to go to the bathroom until they see the sign for one at the local Wal*Mart (of all places!) Silly, silly girls!


And last but not least... Claire on the swing for the first time! And Claire and her mommy too... she really is "just so darn cute" (the baby, not the Janna-- JK! WE LOVE AUNT JANNA!)

One last thing... us older girls decided to go see the movie Hairspray last night... we had heard a couple really good reviews from reliable people, and I think the consensus of us 4 was that
WE LOVED IT! I love any movie where the entire theater is in hysterics. Lots of good laughs!

And John Travolta was SO funny!

Well worth the $6.00 discount tickets from Macey's!

5 comments:

Janna said...

I woke up this morning singing "Good Morning Baltimore"- Great movie! Ok now I need those pictures of that cute baby!!

Amy said...

What a fun day you girls had!! And such cute pictures!!!

Wendy said...

How fun! You gotta love summer thuder storms in Utah! Everyone in the pictures are just SO darn cute!

Alisa said...

Glad to know you liked "hairspray". I've seen it on broadway, but didn't know it was a movie.

Jodi Leishman said...

I love your new blog look - so cute!