Saturday, August 25, 2007

First Day of School!


Abby did it! She conquered her fist day of kindergarten and LOVED every minute of it! It helps that she has the best teacher around, and 3 other kids in our neighborhood in her class, but still... she did awesome! For those of you that know, I was a little nervous because she has been going through an extremely timid phase, so I am more than happy that she had no problems whatsoever!




Here's some pics from the big day:


Getting ready to walk out the door!




Yes- I'm going to KINDERGARTEN!




The toothless school girl (5 teeth are gone and 2 more are loose!)





Abby and our cute neighbor Ty. He is one of the three other kids in her same class!

She's the only girl though... oh well- they're all good buds.






All the neighborhood kids waiting for the bus to come!




And she's off!




Brenna was way sad because she didn't get to go to school yet. I tried to console her by telling her that she gets to play with mommy, and she said that "the school bus is more funner than mommy", but she got over it quickly (with bribes of course!)


**************************************************


Now it was time to wait for Abby to come home, and Brenna tried really hard to be patient, but...


It didn't last very long. The bus wasn't coming fast enough according to Brenna.

But then look...

... there she is!!!!


Now they're happy at home together again (for another 2 minutes I'm sure!)


Sorry about all the pics... I was a little excited for her and even more excited that the day went so well!

I love my little Abby Jane!

9 comments:

Sandie's Spot said...

Congratulations Abby Jane!! You did it! Can't wait to hear about all you did.

Sorry that Brenna couldn't go on the bus yet... next year

Diane said...

I'm so proud of Abby AND Brenna. You both had new experiences today and you did so well. Brenna's special day is next week when she starts her new school!!

Good job girls!

Wendy said...

Congrats Abby!!! That is SO awesome that you were EXCITED to go to school! You looked SO cute, like always!

Can't wait to hear about Brenna's first day at a new Pre-school next week!

Donna Schauers said...

And she rode the bus too???? Wow! What a big girl!! And Miss Brenna, I so remember being left behind -- your turn will be here before you know it.

Janna said...

Cute new outfit Abby, I am so proud of you! And it wasn't even a shortbus!!!!!

I was kinda worried about what Brenna would do, but she always gets over it in the end.

Amy said...

Your girls were both SO brave today!! They must have an amazing Mom & Grandma who taught them well! :) GOOD JOB GIRLS!!!

Suman Family said...

These girls are the cutest ever. I can't imagine the day Ava goes off to school. I think you were the brave one, Debra. Anyways, good luck with the rest of the week. You've got an awesome family.

Jodi Leishman said...

YEAH!! The first day of school, how fun. Abby even gets to ride the bus. Don't tell Talmage he'll be so jealous.
Poor Brenna. Maybe she'll learn to enjoy her "mom time".

Ruth Ann said...

The pictures say it all -- nice that you documented it all Deb ... they are priceless. Yeah Abby - a bus rider and everything!!