The girls have been begging to make a gingerbread house so I bought one of those kits where it comes with everything. We decided that this afternoon would be the perfect time to do it and the girls were at my side waiting to stick their candy on so anxiously! So, we began by sticking the sides of the house together, then the roof, chimney, etc. I then start lathering on the nasty tasting icing (word to the wise: DON'T lick your fingers when using one of these nasty Wal*Mart special kits- I think I might die b/c is was so grotty!) 
All was well and the girls were sticking candy on all over the place and we were so proud of it... until the entire roof slid off- both sides and Abby was devastated!
It was drama, but then we laughed (it took Abby a little longer to find the humor in it) and then we had fun again! They both started taking the candy off one by one and then Brenna started smearing her hands in it thinking it was the coolest thing ever!

All was well and the girls were sticking candy on all over the place and we were so proud of it... until the entire roof slid off- both sides and Abby was devastated!
It was drama, but then we laughed (it took Abby a little longer to find the humor in it) and then we had fun again! They both started taking the candy off one by one and then Brenna started smearing her hands in it thinking it was the coolest thing ever!

Abby's wise comment to her mother was "See- I told you we should have waited for Grandma... she knows how to make candy houses the right way."
I think I'm glad we did it because now I know we pretty much won't ever do it again!





4 comments:
So sad!!
(We've done that gingerbread house before... ours didn't last very long either)
I'm glad you were all able to (eventually) laugh and enjoy the MESS!!! :)
Fun times! At least it everyone was able to enjoy it!
Did you remember to put the icing in the base tray first and let the walls harden up before decoratin?? Silly silly girls, you have to try again -- in honor of Grandma Babe!!
Funny times - I've done the same thing. I guess you need to let the base dry before the candy. What a great mom for trying!
Post a Comment