Sunday, March 2, 2008

My sister has issues!

I'm posting this mostly because I said I was going to... but my sister Janna is funny. In a "laugh at her" kind of way and we like to tease her a lot about funny things she has said and done in her life. We have some good family "inside jokes" for sure, but one that I tend to laugh at on the surface was proven to me yesterday.

Janna has this thing about milk, and even the chocolate kind (which I don't comprehend). If she had a glass of water and you were really thirsty, she'd share a sip with you... it's not a big deal. We all have cooties and don't mind sharing them. The same goes for soda and any other tasty beverage. Everything is okay other than MILK! I honestly don't know what the issue is with the sharing of milk... it's not like it carries more germs than any other liquid that humans consume, does it?! Sometimes I wonder if we were stranded in the Sahara Desert together and let's say she had the only drink, and that drink happened to be milk-- she'd totally let me die.

So, my story is simple. I was at Janna's doing her hair yesterday and we both had glasses of chocolate milk... (which is a favorite treat of ours!) Anyway... I was distracted by the coloring process and reached to take a drink and Janna stopped me and this is kind of how it went:

Janna: Um, I think that's my drink Debbie
Me: Oh sorry- this must be mine (reaching for the other glass)
Janna: No, I think you already took a drink out of mine before
this
Me: No, I don't think so
Janna: Yeah- I think you did. (with a totally disgusted and serious look on her face)
Me: So, are you really not going to drink it?
Janna: Um... no, just pour it in your cup
Me: Oh my gosh, you're serious about it!


I laughed about it a lot (and still am) and I do think she's crazy, but everyone has their quirks and I love this one and all of Janna's other ones! She's an awesome sister---- I just love to give her a hard time! She's my football eye twin!!!!
Love you Mohanna!


This picture might make you think TWO people would be sharing this drink... it's obviously not a picture you'll find in Janna's scrapbook. She's crazy!

4 comments:

Amy said...

LOL! I love Janna!!!! You both make me laugh! And I love that pic.
(You know Deb, you started posting funny things about her... watch out for pay back. ;)

N Godown said...

So...I don't think your sister is all that crazy! I would have to say I have a thing for milk also. I don't think I would want to share my milk either...though my kids end up drinking out of my cup all the time....but I prefer not sharing my milk!! Ok...Maybe that IS Crazy!! Haha!

Jodi Leishman said...

What a funny girl. Will she share a glass of milk with Jason?

Ruth Ann said...

I agree with Amy ... look out Deb -it cold be pay back time!!! Janna gets a little 'testy' when she is teased!!!! (onion rings!!!) We love you Janna!!!!!