It's been one of those days where funny discussions are happening with my kids! I have to document it before I forget. It started when their friend Ty was here for a little while after school, so he's included in a couple conversations, but all have occurred in the past 2 hours or so...
TY: Do you ever watch Drake & Josh?
BRENNA: Yeah, we love that show. They’re crazy.
TY: Did you know Jake got married in real life?
ABBY: Yeah, he is totally girl crazy in the show, so I believe it.
BRENNA: It’s true, he sure likes interesting girls.
--------------------
BRENNA: Hey Ty, you're the older of the 6 year olds, so if my mom wasn't here, you could totally even be the boss.
--------------------
BRENNA: Mom, you have to brenember that we need to take our vitamins everyday because my friend McKenna told me that if we take our vitamins, our hair will grow long. So we need to brenember, okay?
MOM: Well, maybe you shouldn’t cut your hair anymore, then it would be super long by now
BRENNA: Mom, I knooooooow.
(I love to give Brenna a hard time about cutting her hair and I tell her that she can't use scissors until she gets married and that I will tell her husband to buy her some for a wedding present. She always looks at me and says "I knoooooow mom", but last week she said- "well, I have to use scissors at school but if I don't, I'll get a bad grade"- she's in preschool, and I'm in trouble!)
--------------------
ABBY: Mom, I have a great idea. I really want to have a party where we make all sorts of arts and crafts and I already told my friends about it.
MOM: Abby, you need to make sure you ask permission before you make plans like this.
ABBY: Mom, can I do that? If you say yes, you’ll be the coolest mom ever!
--------------------
ABBY: Welcome to Seagull Book, how can I help you?
BRENNA: I’d like to buy one of everything please.
ABBY: Well, you really can’t do that because then there will be nothing left.
BRENNA: Oh, then I’ll just take this one thing.
(they then switched roles)
BRENNA: Welcome to Seagull Book
ABBY: I’ll take one of everything, please
BRENNA: No- you can’t do that- brenember Abby?
ABBY: But please Brenna?
BRENNA: That’s it- I QUIT. I’m never ever, not ever gonna play with you again. You’re not fair to me ever. You always make me do everything!
(that part is kinda true, Abby is good at using her powers of persuasion and can get Brenna to do almost anything. But Brenna is learning to at least try to tell her no, but she ends up doing it anyway… it’s funny to watch!)
--------------------
Brenna fell off the swing in the back yard and her hand turned “red”. She came in bawling, so we ran in and washed her hands and she held a wash cloth on it for at least an hour (there was nothing there). At one point while trying to convince her to stop crying, I looked at it and said “Brenna, there isn’t even any blood so you’ll be fine I promise”.
(Side note: Band-Aids are the worst part of getting shots to my children because they know they have to come off and that hurts more than shots to them, so I couldn't offer the band-aid fix like most moms can). And then came a reply that only Brenna can give: “But mom, it’s all red and that means the blood is gonna come through anytime now”
I LOVE MY CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What would I do if they weren't so funny and entertaining,
let alone CUTE!?
BRENNA: Yeah, we love that show. They’re crazy.
TY: Did you know Jake got married in real life?
ABBY: Yeah, he is totally girl crazy in the show, so I believe it.
BRENNA: It’s true, he sure likes interesting girls.
--------------------
BRENNA: Hey Ty, you're the older of the 6 year olds, so if my mom wasn't here, you could totally even be the boss.
--------------------
BRENNA: Mom, you have to brenember that we need to take our vitamins everyday because my friend McKenna told me that if we take our vitamins, our hair will grow long. So we need to brenember, okay?
MOM: Well, maybe you shouldn’t cut your hair anymore, then it would be super long by now
BRENNA: Mom, I knooooooow.
(I love to give Brenna a hard time about cutting her hair and I tell her that she can't use scissors until she gets married and that I will tell her husband to buy her some for a wedding present. She always looks at me and says "I knoooooow mom", but last week she said- "well, I have to use scissors at school but if I don't, I'll get a bad grade"- she's in preschool, and I'm in trouble!)
--------------------
ABBY: Mom, I have a great idea. I really want to have a party where we make all sorts of arts and crafts and I already told my friends about it.
MOM: Abby, you need to make sure you ask permission before you make plans like this.
ABBY: Mom, can I do that? If you say yes, you’ll be the coolest mom ever!
--------------------
ABBY: Welcome to Seagull Book, how can I help you?
BRENNA: I’d like to buy one of everything please.
ABBY: Well, you really can’t do that because then there will be nothing left.
BRENNA: Oh, then I’ll just take this one thing.
(they then switched roles)
BRENNA: Welcome to Seagull Book
ABBY: I’ll take one of everything, please
BRENNA: No- you can’t do that- brenember Abby?
ABBY: But please Brenna?
BRENNA: That’s it- I QUIT. I’m never ever, not ever gonna play with you again. You’re not fair to me ever. You always make me do everything!
(that part is kinda true, Abby is good at using her powers of persuasion and can get Brenna to do almost anything. But Brenna is learning to at least try to tell her no, but she ends up doing it anyway… it’s funny to watch!)
--------------------
Brenna fell off the swing in the back yard and her hand turned “red”. She came in bawling, so we ran in and washed her hands and she held a wash cloth on it for at least an hour (there was nothing there). At one point while trying to convince her to stop crying, I looked at it and said “Brenna, there isn’t even any blood so you’ll be fine I promise”.
(Side note: Band-Aids are the worst part of getting shots to my children because they know they have to come off and that hurts more than shots to them, so I couldn't offer the band-aid fix like most moms can). And then came a reply that only Brenna can give: “But mom, it’s all red and that means the blood is gonna come through anytime now”
I LOVE MY CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What would I do if they weren't so funny and entertaining,
let alone CUTE!?






3 comments:
I think they are certifyable - what nuts. Too bad your Mom didn't have a blog to document all your cute sayings when you were little, Huh??? Keep up the good work.
Love, Mom
I love those conversations!! Your girls are so smart! Not to mention cute!
They are so cute. Kids do say the funniest things. Their brains work in the oddest ways. But it does make sense in their little worlds. I love it.
Post a Comment