Monday, December 22, 2008

cheese vs. cheesier

It seems (in my world) that there is a constant battle for the Cheese McCheese award between these two men, and I'm curious if anyone else is in the same boat.

Exhibit A
Donny Osmond


Okay, he is a talented man (and maybe I'm just jealous, but that's besides the point), and his eyelashes that are longer than mine (jealousy again? maybe). But the way he drives grown women crazy with their screams for this man as if he (and they) were still 12, is more amusing than anything.
GO GO GO GO JOSEPH!

Side note:
Are we sure it's a good thing that the spawn of he and his brothers have created
The Osmonds, Second Generation?!


Exhibit B
Michael McLean


First and foremost, he doesn't sing... he talks his songs.
I've been privileged to see his performance of the Forgotten Carols on two occasions in my life... (more than any human should have to live through) and although I love the "story", his level of sappiness might drive me to drink,
and... AND the linking of arms at the end of EACH AND EVERY performance with your neighbors who have bad breath, and singing "We can be together forever someday" while he talks (the whole time) sharing stories about how wonderful it was when Paul & Betty fell in love while linked arms, singing this song to one another while on dates with other people.
Or the time when two complete strangers, both of whom had given up on the Provo dating scene, met eyes across the room and they walked in a daze towards each other, knowing they they were the ONE. They linked arms, sang, got married, had babies and now bring their posterity to see the Magical McLean Man every year!
Dun-dun-dun-dunnnnnnn!

Did I mention that he TALKS his songs?

Those of you who know me in ANY way, know who I think takes the award hands down, year after year. Or rather, arm linkage after arm linkage.

5 comments:

Amy said...

I love your tangents. They make me laugh! I take it that you didn't go listen to the Forgotten Carols this year. ;)

Anonymous said...

What! Deb I totally thought you loved Michael McLean! Now what am I to do with his collection of CD's that I bought you for your birthday?

Sandie's Spot said...

You're a nut. You know the cheesiest is Michael M.... hello no competition.

Missi Waldron said...

Are you ready for this Debra?... My dad and Michael were best friends in high school and my cousins were in the same ward as the Osmonds (2nd Generation). Apparently we love to hang with the cheese :)(I agree with your thoughts, BTW). Merry Christmas!

dana said...

Amen, Amen, Amen.
Michael McLean's two sons were in our single's ward for a while and...wow. No joke, one of them sang a song at the end of his testimony one fast sunday and then ended it all with "and I SING these in the name of....Amen."
cheese, cheese, cheese.