Friday, May 29, 2009

Star Valley!

I love traditions, especially our tradition of going to Star Valley for Memorial weekend. We look forward to it every year... it's our relaxing get-a-way, and we love it!

Heading into the valley at the top of the Salt Pass:

The weather hasn't been our best friend the last two years or so, but this year we had a solid 1 1/2 days of swim-like weather! Abby & Brenna are lucky that Uncle Matthew likes them and we love his swimming childhood because he helped them become more comfortable in the water, and had lots of fun!

and the next day, Jungle Gym Jeremy wanted to swim and A & B were out there with him having just as much fun!

We danced in our cabins

and of course, went to the Cemetery

Samira looked like a tourist!


Aunt Cheryl shared the history of why Memorial weekend was so important to Grandma Crook, and why she finds it so important to come to Etna every year. We then all shared memories of our family buried there... I loved it, and hope this becomes a new tradition!

We also went to Swan Valley one day for their square ice cream cones, and passed the Palisades Dam. I remember as a kid being "allowed" to swear only when a Dam is in sight, so we had fun getting it all out, especially when we stopped here:
Good thing the kids were with Sandie & Matthew watching movies!

and here we are on Memorial day, before we left the valley
We sent balloons to Papa again...
We MISS YOU Dad!!!

Then it was time to leave & we had Claire in our car
for part of the ride home, and as you can see... everyone was happy!

and then the craziness came out and these girls were rockin' out!

and ended up like this...

I've always had a thing for cemeteries... I just love the respect that is shown with flowers, balloons, notes, etc. So, coming home down 900 East in Provo and seeing this cemetery COVERED makes my heart happy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great tradition! You are lucky to have so much family so close!

Janna said...

Fun times!!

Joanie said...

I love this! What a wonderful tradition.

Jodi Leishman said...

What a fun tradition you've started in Star Valley. I love your car photos especially with the girls all crashed out.

Megan said...

Everytime you post about Star Valley Memorial Days, I wish I was part of your family. It is so BEUATIFUL! So glad you guys had such a fantastic weekend.
I wish I was in Ca. this last weekend too!

Donna Schauers said...

Great recap of your trip - beautiful photos. I've had several friends go to Afton on vacation this summer -- I made it a point to tell them that according to my bro-in-law Vern . .. they are going to God's country! And don't forget to smell the cows!!! I miss you Vern!!

Manda said...

I'm so behind on my blog reading! Your family looks great (extended too). Your mom looks exactly the same as I remember. I love the balloon tradition!