Sorry- that's a lame heading, but I heard on the news this morning that there will be a total lunar eclipse tonight and for some sick and twisted reason, I was taken back to age 15 at church dances with my friends, singing that song at the top of our lungs whilst dancing and twirling around the cultural hall!
Seriously, I thought I was way cooler than I really was...
Anyway, I for some reason love when we have the chance to see things like this happen in plain sight. I totally remember seeing Haleys comet when I was young and thought it was so amazing! Luckily tonights eclipse will happen while my chitlins are still awake, so I'm anxious for them to see the eclipse which is said to be the only event of its kind in the next millennium!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23184927/?GT1=10856
Seriously, I thought I was way cooler than I really was...
Anyway, I for some reason love when we have the chance to see things like this happen in plain sight. I totally remember seeing Haleys comet when I was young and thought it was so amazing! Luckily tonights eclipse will happen while my chitlins are still awake, so I'm anxious for them to see the eclipse which is said to be the only event of its kind in the next millennium!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23184927/?GT1=10856
You can read that story or check it out at the folowing times:
The main event begins at 9:01 p.m. ET, when the moon is completely covered by the darkest part of Earth's shadow.
That translates to:
8:01 p.m. CT
7:01 p.m. MT
6:01 p.m. PT
The total phase of the eclipse lasts 51 minutes, and the moon starts coming out of the darkest shadow, or umbra, at 9:52 p.m. ET.
The main event begins at 9:01 p.m. ET, when the moon is completely covered by the darkest part of Earth's shadow.
That translates to:
8:01 p.m. CT
7:01 p.m. MT
6:01 p.m. PT
The total phase of the eclipse lasts 51 minutes, and the moon starts coming out of the darkest shadow, or umbra, at 9:52 p.m. ET.
Yeah for stupid semi-useless blog posts!
****UPDATE****
It's snowing/raining here and um, yeah- we don't get to see it.
Thanks Fritz!
Thanks Fritz!





5 comments:
that's fun! thanks for the fyi!
Yeah, I'm kind of bummed. Stupid clouds!
I was so sad to look out and see the thick layer of clouds... :(
I am so sorry that you were not able to see the eclipse. To make you feel better, I am going to tell you that it really wasn't that cool. Um, the moon had a sunburn, it was in great pain and I am sure the clouds overhead were soothing it's pain. What else to help you ease your eclipse pain... oh, your 'total eclipse of the heart' (love this by-the-way) will be back before you know it and your girls will be a little older and will appreciate it a little more. Hope I helped eased your pain a bit :). Love ya!
Oh the memories of that song... I have to tell you I clicked on the video and turned on my speakers. I was confused at first because the video was going but some other music was playing. Finally I figured out your playlist was playing over top of the song. Silly me!
Post a Comment