This morning Brenna came into my office/guest room asking if she looked okay for school today. The clothes were fine, but her ears had some nasty plastic non-matching pretty pretty princess earrings hanging from them and I wasn't sure I was okay with it.No, I knew I wasn't okay with it and told her "no".
This is how the next 20 minutes of conversation
went between the two of us:
B: Mom, I'm allowed to wear earrings to my school, so please- can I?
M: No Brenna, they will fall off, plus they don't even match.
B: But I promise I won't lose them, please?
M: You can wear earrings to school when you get your ears pierced.
B: Okay, where do you go to get your ears pinched then?
M: The Mall
B: Can we go before school?
M: Let me call them and see if they're open
(about 2 minutes time has passed)
B: Are they open mom?
M: No honey, they aren't
B: Shoot, maybe they'll be open next Thursday and we
can go to get my ears pinched then
M: Yeah, maybe Thursday. We'll have to see- but
we're leaving for Vegas next Thursday
B: Oh, well maybe we can do it at a mall with Grandpa in Las Vegas
M: Maybe
B: Mom, I really want to go get my ears pinched today though.
M: Brenna, you should call Grandma Diane to see what she thinks.
B: Well I don't know her phone number- I'll get
the phone and you can call her for me.
This is the message I heard her leave for Grandma Diane:
"Hi Grandma, this is Brenna. I just wanted to let you know I'm going to go get my ears pinched today. Okay, talk to you later- bye bye, I love you"
side note- my cute mom and I don't exactly have the same views of getting childens ears pierced. I'm fine with the girls getting them done whenever, but my mom thinks they should be 12 like I was. I've been shooting for baptism age... 8's not too bad.
The phone rang and I gave it to Brenna to answer, and this is what happened between Grandma D & Brenna:
B: Hi Grandma
G: Excuse me, you're going to get your ears pierced? Why?
B: Because I want to look pretty
G: Getting your ears pierced could hurt more than getting shots at the doctors
B: I know, but I'll get over it. Remeber when Abby got her shots and she was brave and got over it, I can do that too.
G: But when they pierce your ears, you have to leave them in for a long time and what if they start to bug you?
B: It's okay, I'll get over it Grandma
G: I won't take you to Build A Bear if it hurts though, okay?
(BAB is the reward they get from Grandma after getting shots!)
B: That's okay. BYE!
We then went to school and the first thing she told her teacher was that she was going to get her ears pinched! And then of course the first thing she asked when I picked her up was "Mom, is the mall open yet?" "No honey, not yet"





4 comments:
That cracks me up! I have a feeling it will be a long 3-7 year wait for you all.
That is too cute. I seriously can't wait till my kids are older and we can have funny conversations like that. The picture is hilarious. I love that long gaudy earring.
Funny girl. Has she got her ears pinched yet?
I say you should do it while she wants to do it. Lacey has been trying to get Mazie to do it for a year and she won't.
Post a Comment