Dear Mother Nature,
In California January is always, like ALWAYS beautiful. I've often thought it's because the world was so happy that I was born that month. Then a few years ago, I moved to Utah and reality hit... I think the world hates me for being born. I don't think January is uglier in any other part of the country, or world for that matter, than January is here! This inversion (aka: SMOG for you Californians) is getting old.
So are these temperatures:
So are these temperatures:
One cool thing though is the frost that forms on every twig it can find.
That is really pretty (even when taken with my infamous camera phone).
Thanks for playing Mamma N, but I'd rather be burried in snow than deal with the gunk.
That is really pretty (even when taken with my infamous camera phone).
Thanks for playing Mamma N, but I'd rather be burried in snow than deal with the gunk.Signed,
Debra
-disgruntled 31 year old with frozen toes





10 comments:
In order to overcome the January dulldrums(sp?), my mom always saved some Christmas money to buy her something new for the house in January! She said it helped brighten her days. Also, you've probably noticed that the January dulldrums are followed by the February thaw that fakes you out and makes you think winter is over, when it's really not, and then it snows again! In spite of all of this, I'd take our crappy January weather over the opinions for several Californians any day!!!! That's my kind way of saying you couldn't pay me to live in California, although it IS very beautiful! Love ya! Oh yeah, I'm going to go drink some pop now! :)
Funny, funny Debra... I grew up in the other end of CA and it looked EXACTLY like it does here in January... only more trees. And if you think this is bad... try Siberia... or Montana... or Minnesota... (shudder, with cold) NO THANKS!
Of course, I'm that crazy lady that likes the snow! So blame it on me!
Love you,
Joanie
I am SO SORRY that you are living in that yucky INVERSION. It's horribly ugly and I hate visiting Utah during that time.
It was in the 80's this weekend in Phoenix. And because we spent almost the entire weekend outside, my kids even got a little sunburned.......SO I WON'T TELL YOU. :)
You probably didn't want to hear that......BUT really, you should come down and visit....and drink some SODA. :)
Yeah Deb, go drink some pop. That will cure your winter time blues :)
I'm so tired of living on a sheet of ice. I can't even wear my cute boots for fear I'm going to slip and break my neck.
Next January I am definately planning a trip to a sunny vacation destination in January.
Happy Be-lated Birthday Deb... Hope you had a great day! And winter will be over soon... with the sun shining you almost forget it is a bit brisk outside.
Hey Debra, Your cousin Shanna here. I will have to say that I TOTALLY understand how your feeling. Of course yesterday morning here in Star Valley, it was 20 below 0. It was great. You know when the inside of your windows are frosted!! Ya so awesome. But hey, Who doesn't LOVE Star Valley!! Have a great cold day!!!! lol
Shanna
This is exactly why every January/February in Oregon, half the state goes to Hawaii or Cancun. (I'm serious!) We should follow their example. Next year... let's make it a family trip! ;)
At least the frost is pretty.
Inversion is NASTY!! Me no likey. I talked to Matthew last night and I think we're going to head south on Saturday just to get some FRESH air and an In-n-out! I'm excited!
I LOVE the frost on the trees, it's my favorite!
Post a Comment