Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"Duh Mom"

Those of you that know my Brenna, know of her sassiness and attitude, right? Well, here's a funny Brenna story that happened earlier today. She & Abby were watching TV and after a little while Brenna came up to ask me if I knew where the remote to the downstairs TV was. I told her that I didn't know because I hadn't been down there all day. She proceeded to tell me that she can't find it and she wanted to fast forward back (that takes talent!) to the song from the show 'Sweet Life of Zack & Cody' because she really likes it, so "maybe you should help me find it- DUH!" Holy cow- I couldn't help but laugh as she rolled her eyes while saying this, but I needed to compose myself and let her know that she shouldn't talk to mom that way- to which her response was "I'm the boss of me, so I can do whatever I want". AAAAHHHHH!!! Here's where another of my parenting downfalls come into play... my girls have quite often told me that they're in a bad mood because of so and so, and I've tried to tell them that they are the boss of their own moods and are the ones who decide if they are in a good mood or a bad mood. Brenna obviously took it way out of context-- DANG IT!


Here's proof of the major eye roll I see on a daily basis!


Also, here's a couple other Brenna funnies of the day... she was on one!

• Her phrase of the day was "I am SO not going to do ________."
I think I heard this at least 62 times today!

• At dinner tonight, Grandma asked who was going to say the prayer and the girls were discussing who should say it, and finally Abby volunteered. Then Brenna said "But AAAAbby, you always say the short prayers and when you're all done, my food is still too hot to eat." So, Abby said she'd say a longer prayer and Brenna agreed.
Didn't we all know that the purpose of prayers are to cool our food?!?!?
Silly girl!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

LOL!!! She is TOO funny! To have the wit that she does at 4 is AMAZING!!! You definitely have your hands full there!! But she is SO dang cute!!!

Sandie's Spot said...

LOL - Holy crap that little smarty. She definately has a little sas-attitude. Wonder where that comes from???

Jodi Leishman said...

Oh my, that is too funny! I had no idea that the reason you pray was to cool your food down. i thought it was so we don't get food poisoning (and to say thank you).

Ruth Ann said...

I am so glad you are recording the hilarious things the girls say -- it will be fun to tease them about them when they are older!!