Sunday, September 2, 2007

Wind, wind and more wind... with a few rainbows

Earlier this evening, my mom and I went to the dedication of our new church building and Aunt Sandie stayed home with the toads (that's my girls for those that don't know the endearing names I have for them!). We could hear it raining from inside the church, but as we were leaving people kept talking about the double rainbow outside. We've had some beautiful rainbows here the past 2 1/2 years, but this one was exceptional! We drove home fast to make sure my girls and Sandie were outside to see it, but they were on top of it. Sandie got some pretty pics of it, this one is my favorite:






Abby tried to convince me that she made the rainbow with her magic wand!



And then the wind came... Sandie said it was like a tornado coming through the house! Here's Brenna trying to not get blown away (I can't look at this picture without laughing my head off--- she's crazy!!)



Posing in the wind


Me & Nenna with pretty wind-blown hair!

Unfortunatley, the wind didn't stop there... one of mom's newly planted trees was not friends with the wind and was doing a major back-bend!

Here's mine and Sandie's hands pretending we had enough muscles to withstand the wind... it was pretty intense!

6 comments:

Janna said...

Holy cannoli! WE had wind but not like that... did the tree survive?

Jodi Leishman said...

I love Brenna's windy look!

Amy said...

Love that rainbow pic! Beautiful!! ...and I love that pic of Brenna!

Diane said...

Side note - the tree did survive with the help of neighbors, zip ties and a rope & stake to anchor the thing down!! We needed Dave's camera to capture the vivid colors of the double rainbow.

Unknown said...

I LOVE Brenna's picture! How is she adjusting to life with Abby in K? Ella is hating it. Thankgoodness for her preschool starting on Thursday!

Wendy said...

Wow...look what I missed! Great pics of the rainbow! You gotta love summer storms in Utah!