Wednesday, December 5, 2007

She knows better... or so I thought... AAHHH!

STORY TIME!

Remember Brenna??? She’s cute, she’s 4, she’s strong willed, adorable, funny, sassy and sweet as can be, and she has struck again! We’ve had this joke or little thing we’ve been saying lately about a certain section of Brenna’s hair… it’s a piece on top of her head- almost dead center and right where her bangs end that has a problem staying where I want it to. She won’t keep clips in her hair to keep it back, and she won’t keep her hair behind her ears because she doesn’t “like my ears sticking out like a boy” and we’ve joked about needing to cut it off because it’s always in her face. JOKE I say- it’s all been a joke because I couldn’t do the bang thing from the crown of her head forward (that is way too 80’s) and I figured we’d just deal with it. Again… it’s been a JOKE. So, I’m upstairs today starting dinner and Brenna came upstairs to ask me a question. No biggie until I turned around to answer her and I noticed yet another CHUNK of hair off the front left side of her hair… and then (it gets better) I noticed a rooster like chunk of hair sticking up right where this “problem piece” WAS at. It’s gone… she did the typical kid thing of “oh, I don’t want bangs anymore so I’ll just CUT them off” (sound familiar Janna?) and then they look like a nincompoop for months and months while it grows out. Okay- so I looked at the damage and thought about how I could blend it in, but I started having a panic attack because the only thing I pictured was Brenna with a mullet and that is pretty much against my religion. She’s too cute and I wouldn’t ever allow it! Not EVER! I have nightmares about them (mullets that is) and the only good thing is that they are usually followed by a fabulous dream of me sneaking into the Mullet’s residence and lopping it off in the middle of the night… Anyway, I had no option other than to cut it all off because the mere thought of a mini-mullet was making me sick.


So, we cut away and she cried the whole time! Here’s some funny things I heard from her through the whole ordeal:

“But mom- I don’t want my hair to be as short as Grandmas!”

“What? I can’t have a pony tail anymore???”

“Mommy- you cutted lots of pieces of hair and now I’m not cute anymore!”


Brenna: Why do I have to wear this thing? (referring to the cape)
Mom: Because it makes it so the hair won't stick to your clothes
Brenna: Oh, like when I cutted my hair on the couch downstairs and I couldn't brush it off?
Mom: Um yeah, I guess so. (next step was to go clean up the hair stuck to the couch!)

“I am totally not going to school tomorrow- everyone will laugh at me!”

“My hair isn’t going to grow back until after Christmas time”, and then I told her it would probably take a lot more time than that and she responded with “Oh, this is great”!


I keep telling myself that I need to laugh because the whole scenario really is funny, but WHY does she think she can do this... again?!
I didn't attend two semesters of night classes at Citrus Cosmetology for nothing.

She's lucky she's cute! Kidding, she's just teaching me patience... right?

LOVE YOU NENNA!

7 comments:

Janna said...

Holy cow, that was too funny to read! I wish I would have been there to hear all that come out of her mouth.... love the tear on her cheek. Brenna you look dang cute even tho you are in so busted!

Amy said...

Oh no!!! Maybe Brenna is tired of Mommy getting to cut hair all the time... she wants to join in the fun. At least she looks adorable with a bob! :)

Unknown said...

Who's Bob?

N Godown said...

THAT is why I like having 3 BOYS! They got shaved heads most of the time...except for this Mohawk phase right now. Some days I WISH they WOULD cut their hair!

Wendy said...

LOL...that is too funny! The best part is your reaction, Deb. Thank goodness she is such a cute kid and her new haircut is way cute!

Jodi Leishman said...

Ok, so I heard about Brenna cutting her hair the other day and I saw her in person tonight, but at 12:30am as I'm reading this, I am laughing my head off. I probably better close your page before I wake the kiddos.

I can't believe she cut her hair and her thought process after is hilarious!

Donna Schauers said...

Way too funny! We love the new "do" (hairdo)