Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloweenie!

It's only appropriate to post Halloween pictures since that is what today is. We carved our pumpkins on Monday night along with the rest of us LDS folk I'm sure. The girls LOVED it but kept saying the funniest things about the pumpkins innards. I told them they were the pumpkin guts or brains and Abby kept telling me to tell her the truth because that sounded gross and she didn't believe me.


They didn't love the smell... obviously.


Abby was SO grossed out by the pumpkin guts so I had to get a picture.
Her face tells all!


This is mom's pumpkin... notice the eye lashes!


And here's my Martha Stewart attempt... the stars were actually really easy and it looks fun!


Today the girls both had halloween parties at school and were SO excited to wear their costumes! This year Abby is a cowgirl and Brenna is a pirate. We're already in the recycle costume mode because Brenna wanted to be a pirate and the costume Abby wore last year fits Brenna perfectly... works for me! For those of you who missed out- they make fishnet stockings for 4 year olds so please tell me why I shouldn't buy them??? Okay good- they're the best part of the costume in my opinion! Here's a few pics from before school this morning.

My cute little cowgirl! She even has the drawl down... she's been "practicing" all week!


The freckles were the best thing I could think of to make her look a little more hick-like!


Love the pirate costume!

We had to go light with the eye make-up because we learned the hard way after a party we went to a couple weeks ago and it wouldn't come off!

If you're bored already- just stop reading, but it's been a fun Halloween for us so I have more to post. Sorry!

Okay- so on we go...
My sister Sandie told me she saw "Mummy dogs" as an idea for a Halloween meal, so we did it tonight! I bought smoked sausage (that sounds a little nasty... sorry) and refrigerated dough stuff and cut it into thin strips and wrapped them like a mummy and since I've wrapped so many mummy's in my time- I was a pro at this. I tried to think of more "halloween" meal things to go along with it, but all I could come up with was a drink and that was waaaay easy. Lemon-lime kool-aid is a beautiful shade of green and I told my girls it was monster blood. And then Janna and her crafty brain cut out tortillas with cookie cutters and sprinkled cinnamon & sugar on them and baked them. Yummy! So, our meal wasn't all that exciting, but it was fun and easy and I'm kind of fond of that combination.

Claire the ladybug came trick-or-treating for the first time with us too! She was darling!

We ran into Abby's BFF Sierra and had to snag a quick picture.

Then we got a fun visit from my cousin Jodi and her family. Jodi has the BEST Cruella DeVille costume and we were so excited when they came by to see us!

Anyway... we had a fun Halloween! My girls were way into it and that always makes it more fun. They had a couple funny comments as we were out trick-or-treating like:

"Mom, people keep telling me how cute I look. That's really nice of them"
-Abby

"This is the funnest Halloween EVER!"
-Brenna

And this was my favorite from crazy Brenna:
Brenna: Mom, why aren't you in your halloween costume?
Mom: Because I don't have a costume this year, so I'll just be a mom
Brenna: Weren't you that last year though? Whatever...

Hope you all had a GREAT Halloween too!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Love the long documentation!!! Cute pumpkins, ADORABLE costumes and great pics!!!

Amy said...

So fun! The pumpkins are very Martha Stewart - nice! :) And the mummy dogs look yummy!

Jodi Leishman said...

What a fun holiday for you. I love the festive food. The girls are darling. My personal favorite - the fish net stockings.

The Eatons said...

debra,

what are you even doing anymore? this is timothy george eaton. just say hi all the time. i'm in canada. where are you? our blog thingy is biscuitsthree.blogspot.com

Donna Schauers said...

Cutest trick or treaters I've even seen! Loved the starry pumpkin and themed food. What a fun Mom!!

Papa Kane said...

Debra a fan of fun and easy? Sounds right to me.